    adapter with PCI or PCIE bus that uses the same Intel Management
    applications and drivers as do the built in RAID on the Precisions? What
    makes and models should I be looking for?

    Will, Jul 18, 2007

  2. Hi!

    The Intel RAID probably isn't available by itself. As far as I'm aware,
    Intel doesn't market standalone drive controller chipsets. Their drive
    controllers are built into motherboard chipsets.

    I recently purchased a HighPoint RocketRAID 2310 adapter (uses the PCI-E
    bus). One of the features printed on the carton is JBOD mode. I don't know
    how well or if it works, as I'm using mine as a RAID-1 adapter.

    William

    William R. Walsh, Jul 18, 2007