    repairing/installing this many miles from home.

    Thanks in advance.

    Danny

    Danny, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Danny

    Ben Myers Guest

    If you get the exact model as a replacement, changing the bezel AND possibly
    some other mounting hardware is simply tedious and slow work. If the models
    are not exact, EVERYTHING (eject button, LED, screw holes) needs to line up in
    exactly the same positions, or the job becomes nearly impossible... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers
    Spirit of Performance, Inc.
    73 Westcott Road
    Harvard, MA 01451
    tel: 978-456-3889
    fax: 810-963-0412
    PayPal & cold hard cash accepted.

    Ben Myers, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Danny

    Ben Myers Guest

    I guess that the other answer to your question is to simply replace a dead
    CDRW/DVD combo with the same Dell-branded part. More expensive, but far less
    grunt work to do the job... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 2, 2006