    Or will be better to go from Snow Leopard to Lion, and in a couple of
    weeks, when Lion is working OK in my machine, then to go from Lion to to
    Mountain Lion?

    Juan I. Cahis, Jul 25, 2012

  2. Juan I. Cahis

    Guest Guest

    <
    sure. it's fully supported.
    upgrade whenever you have the need to upgrade. you might want to wait
    for 10.8.1 or .2 to fix the inevitable bugs in a .0 release.

    you don't need lion in the interim, unless you have an app you need to
    run that won't run on snow leopard.

    Guest, Jul 25, 2012

  3. Juan I. Cahis

    Chris Schram Guest

    <
    ganews.com>,
    Upgrading from Snow Leopard should give you no trouble at all, provided
    you have rid your system of any and all PowerPC applications. If you
    still need PowerPC support, better stick with Snow Leopard.

    Chris Schram, Jul 26, 2012
  4. Juan I. Cahis

    sbt Guest

    ???

    Snow Leopard was the first OS X release that _didn't_ have PowerPC
    support, so that isn't an issue.

    sbt, Jul 26, 2012
  5. Juan I. Cahis

    Guest Guest

    not quite.

    snow leopard was the first release that would not boot on powerpc macs,
    however, it still supported running powerpc apps via rosetta.

    lion removes rosetta. powerpc apps no longer run.

    Guest, Jul 26, 2012
  6. Juan I. Cahis

    Guest Guest

    actually you don't have to get rid of them when upgrading. they won't
    work in lion or mountain lion, but they also don't hurt anything if
    they're still there.

    Guest, Jul 26, 2012
  7. Juan I. Cahis

    Bread Guest

    However, Rosetta was not installed by default. Under SL, the first
    time you tried to run a PowerPC app, it would explicitly ask you if you
    wanted to install Rosetta, and then, if you wanted it, would do so.

    Bread, Jul 26, 2012
  8. Juan I. Cahis

    Guest Guest

    true, and now you no longer have that option at all. it's gone.

    Guest, Jul 26, 2012
  9. Juan I. Cahis

    John Varela Guest

    Which is why I am still on 10.6.8. I have only one important
    application that needs Rosetta, and that is the Epson driver for my
    scanner. The Epson driver has many more controls than Image Capture,
    and these are important when scanning old faded Ektachrome slides. I
    have just about finished with my big scanning project, so I'm
    considering moving up to Mountain Lion.

    John Varela, Jul 27, 2012