  1. Ove

    Ove Guest

    The V240 don't have a cd-rom drive in std config :(

    Ove, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Ove

    Chris Morgan Guest

    A netboot might be your best bet.

    Chris
    --
    Chris Morgan
    "Post posting of policy changes by the boss will result in
    real rule revisions that are irreversible"

    - anonymous correspondent

    Chris Morgan, Sep 3, 2003

  3. Ove

    Ove Guest

    The problem is that there is no other Sun or Solaris servers in the
    environment where the V240 is located...

    Ove, Sep 4, 2003
  4. Ove

    Scott Howard Guest

    Then you should buy a CD-ROM. End of story.

    Scott

    Scott Howard, Sep 4, 2003
  5. Ove

    Ove Guest

    The problem is delivery time, I did not know that the cd-rom was not part of
    the std config when this server was ordered...

    Ove, Sep 4, 2003
  6. Ove

    Chris Morgan Guest

    I understand the difficulty. I don't think a USB boot is
    possible. Your choices are internal or external scsi cd-rom or dvd-rom
    or netboot. Some people have fiddled with netboots from non Sun
    machines, but I don't know how easy that is.

    My idea :

    You should be able to get a sparc20 capable of supporting a netboot
    for about $50. Install solaris on it first, fresh, then re-copy the
    files for supporting netboot (all in the documentation). Put in an
    entry for the v240. Connect it using a crossover cable to the back of
    the v240, just use hosts files for IP addresses. It will be slow but
    effective.

    Chris

    Chris Morgan, Sep 4, 2003