Is it possible? replacing Toshiba Portege 2000 motherboard with r100

Discussion in 'Motherboard General Discussion' started by opsw, Jun 27, 2008.

  1. opsw

    opsw

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2008
    Hi all,

    I'm new to this forum. But I need some information on replacing my Toshiba portege 2000 motherboard because there is seems little information can be found by google...

    I have a portege 2000 which the motherboard ceased working and need replacing. This is confirmed by Toshiba and some 3rd parties. Therefore I'm looking for cheap fix myself.

    I have found a r100 machine on ebay (without LCD). This r100 is the successor of p2000, they look similar and shares some parts. So my question is:
    1. is it possible to replace my p2000 motherboard with r100 motherboard?
    2. or is it possible to transplant my p2000 LCD to the r100?

    I have dissembled my p2000 already. But I have no idea on the screw holes location on the r100 motherboard...

    Many many thanks!

    opsw, Jun 27, 2008