Is it possible to get a Nvidia PCI video card and a Nvidia AGP video card to coexist?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by john.w.blair, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. john.w.blair

    john.w.blair Guest

    Hello,

    I have an Nvidia G-Force 2 MX (PCI) and an Nvidia 7800gs (AGP) (that I
    just bought). I can't get both cards to work at the same time. One
    device is conflicting with the other. However, when I had my ATI 9800
    Radeon Pro I did not have this conflict with the other PCI Nvidia card.
    I also noticed that I can get the two cards to work if I reinstall the
    OS (Windows XP Pro) but I do get the following stop errors quite a bit:

    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=c888779d-6a8d-46f7-89aa-c341dad1c8b2&SID=11

    After the OS (Windows XP Pro) is installed and if I remove one of the
    two cards (and the their drivers) I am not able to get the two cards
    working together again. However, both cards run just fine independently
    (with no stop errors).

    After doing some additional research, I found the following thread that
    contains a similar problem to what I have:

    http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t16800.html

    They mention that Nvidia drivers conflict with each other and that if
    you are going to have a PCI and AGP card working together, that they
    both can not be nvidia cards.

    So, it is it possible to get a Nvidia PCI video card and a Nvidia AGP
    video card to coexist peacefully? If so, how is this done?

    john.w.blair, Aug 7, 2006