    other side to convert it back into an ethernet signal ?

    Regards
    Anton Erasmus

    Anton Erasmus, Mar 12, 2007

  2. Anton Erasmus

    Ken Asbury Guest

    If you have access to the center of rotation,

    http://motion-controls.globalspec.com/Industrial-Directory/optical_slip_ring

    Regards,
    Ken

    Ken Asbury, Mar 12, 2007

  3. Anton Erasmus, Mar 12, 2007
  4. Anton Erasmus

    ghelbig Guest

    No.

    The PHY sources the clock for both directions on the MII interface;
    you would need to build a magic data phase re-correlator.

    You could try running the ethernet over the slipring. The spec allows
    for 1/2" of cable to be "non twisted" at both sides of each connector,
    so you might get away with it. You may be surprised as to how robust
    the signal is. And you can slow it down to 10Mbps.

    Failing that, you can try to use WiFi or ZigBee to get the data out of
    your enclosure.

    GH

    ghelbig, Mar 16, 2007