    Rick aka Roscoe

    Knowledge is like money, the less you talk about it
    the more people assume you have.

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Dec 23, 2007

  2. Roscoe P Pendoscoe

    Augustus Guest

    http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/legacy-xp.html

    Never used one, so I don't know if the AIW features will work with XP but
    there are drivers available.

    Augustus, Dec 23, 2007

  3. Thanks, I was looking but didn't see them in the legacy area. I'll let
    you know if it works. I just want the TV portion to operate.

    RC

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Dec 23, 2007
  4. Roscoe P Pendoscoe

    T Shadow Guest

    AFAIK ATI/AMD isn't hosting old multimedia files like these any more. You
    might be able to find them on the internet. Don't know but doubt WMD drivers
    were made for it. Also don't know that XP can use the VFW(IIRC) drivers
    originally made for it..

    If time is important to you consider buying new hardware. With analog TV
    going away these devices are dirt cheap. With a little looking around you
    can probably find something modern with support (or at least WMD drivers)
    for ~$10. The quality and features of the old AIW aren't that great anyway.

    T Shadow, Dec 23, 2007
  5. Roscoe P Pendoscoe

    zephyris Guest

    AFAIK ATI/AMD isn't hosting old multimedia files like these any more.

    The whole point of my link was to show him exactly where ATI/AMD IS hosting
    the old drivers....

    zephyris, Dec 23, 2007
  6. Actually I have a newer ATI AIW video card in the machine and was only
    doing it out of curiosity to see if I could get 3 desktop monitors up
    and running.

    I probably should direct my time to shoveling/blowing the snow that is
    falling as I type this. But since this is warmer and more interesting
    I thought I'd give it a try.

    I am getting this machine up and running because of a failed drive
    clone on my main box trying to transfer the OS to a bigger hard drive.
    It has been running although with issues. It is a good lesson learned
    that I will not attempt again. What happened would take far too much
    time to explain except that the OS now spans the C & D drives and
    boots from the D which is the slave , which I would not think
    possible.

    Thanks for the help and advice.

    RC

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Dec 23, 2007
  7. Roscoe P Pendoscoe

    DaveW Guest

    No, it is not compatible.

    DaveW, Dec 24, 2007
  8. Roscoe P Pendoscoe

    T Shadow Guest

    That would be good if he only needed display drivers.

    T Shadow, Dec 24, 2007
  9. Roscoe P Pendoscoe

    T Shadow Guest

    Not that I know enough about it to help but I have noticed XP allows using
    more than one physical disc in a drive. Have never gone there. When you dual
    boot 2 O/S, boot.ini on C: determines which boot continues. So far have only
    done that on a partitioned disk.
    Good Luck

    T Shadow, Dec 24, 2007
  10. Well Dave, it seems you are in the know on what will or will not work,
    which PCI card can I combine with an AIW AGP 9600XT card and acheive a
    3monitor setup?

    I do not do any high-end gaming and mostly have business apps or Word
    up along with Agent or other benign apps. I have 2 Samsung 21"ers and
    wanted a 3rd if possible.

    BTW the 8mb AIW PCI does have conflict and MS XP Pro installs it's own
    driver each reboot after installing legacy drivers.

    Thanks & regards,

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Dec 24, 2007
  11. Roscoe P Pendoscoe

    pjp Guest

    I know I had nothing but problems trying to get two ATI cards working in one
    pc. Basically, if I remember right, it was install the AGP card first, by
    itself, and get it setup properly, then do the PCI card. Updating drivers
    was a bitch as had to take out the pci card every time for the install to
    even see the AGP card etc. etc. Problem went away once I used an old Matrox
    PCI card for 2nd video card.

    pjp, Dec 24, 2007
  12. I have thrown in the towel and abamdoned the idea of using the ATI
    relic. I have better things to waste my time on that may work when all
    is said and done.

    After the holiday season, I'll just search for the recommended card
    that actually has a track record for working with this setup and go
    from there.

    Thanks again.

    Rick

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Dec 24, 2007
  13. Roscoe P Pendoscoe

    Andy Guest

    That card uses the Rage or Rage Pro graphics chip, which must be set
    as the primary display card, since its bios must be executed during
    power on in order for the chip to work. In addition, in order for any
    AIW TV tuner to work, the card must be the primary display card.

    Andy, Dec 25, 2007