    out the memory and just used one stick or the other. The CD just hang
    and the harddrive light stops and its done. Tried six other drives an
    the same with all of the

    mychucky, Feb 23, 2008

  2. mychucky

    Paul Guest

    Try booting with a Knoppix or Ubuntu linux LiveCD. Those don't need a
    hard drive, to work. They will need a certain amount of RAM. You don't say
    how much RAM you've got, and maybe that is a limitation.

    And I couldn't find a web page for the 60TXE, so maybe my favorite
    search engines are busted.

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 24, 2008

  3. mychucky

    old man Guest

    A win2k or winxp hd from another system is allmost bound to fail, at the
    least a repair installation of win is required to load the correct drivers
    Win9* is wholy different to a winnt based sys

    Generally win2k/winxp installation problems are down to;
    1) Dodgy memory
    2) Faulty cd drive
    3) Damaged cd
    4) Other hw periferals that are connected during the installation
    www.memtest.org for a memory testing utiity
    Disconnect all extra periferals leaving only a single hd, single memory
    stick, cd, vid.card & keybd/mouse
    PS Your vid.card supports win2k/winxp? You are clean installing & not
    attempting an upgrade?

    old man, Feb 24, 2008