    at 1.70 volts. I figure as long as I can keep it cool I should be able to
    reach 2.3 or 2.4 Ghtz using water. So what is the Barton XP2500 running for
    an average overclock with a water cooling system?

    Mickey, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Mickey

    Wes Newell Guest

    I think this is still up in the air. I've seen no confirmation of this,
    The only thing I've seen here so far is that a recent (0340) 2500+ was not
    locked.
    Nothing. You can still up the FSB, or even change the default multiplier.
    Ahh, just another myth.

    Wes Newell, Nov 8, 2003

  3. Mickey

    dr_hardware Guest

    It may be true as this is showing up in other places as well:
    http://www.overclockers.com/articles868/

    dr_hardware, Nov 9, 2003