    Do I need to search for a different mobo or will this one work forf
    whaty I have?

    Thanks.

    spark-e, May 16, 2005

  2. spark-e

    Jbob Guest

    A slot A motherboard should work with a Slot A processor. I have a K7V and
    use a AMD 800 in it.

    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_1260_759^1039^2375,00.html

    The K7V is not on the list of approved motherboards for this cpu though but
    mine works fine.

    This was a good site in the K7V's heyday but it no longer is active it looks
    like

    http://www.k7v.com/

    Jbob, May 16, 2005