    files to the harddrive but not able to boot off the HD to do the
    install...) Any suggestions?
    TIA

    News Reader, Jul 22, 2004

  2. News Reader

    TomG Guest

    by cycling between the bios and XP screens, do you mean that it starts to
    boot XP and then crashes and restarts or what? if that is the case, I would
    not expect that to mean that the mobo is dead...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jul 22, 2004

  3. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Yes, it starts to boot XP and then crashes. Next time, I got a screen
    indicates that Win didn't start normally and I have a choice to start
    normally, safe mode and couple other options....

    News Reader, Jul 22, 2004
  4. News Reader

    TomG Guest

    sounds like the OS itself has an issue, not the board. have you tried a
    fresh install, maybe on a separate partition so that the current install
    stays intact? however, if the current install won't boot, then it isn't
    likely to be worth saving... just the same, a separate installation would
    be a good test prior to blowing away the existing installation so that you
    don't blow it away before finding out that it was something else...

    TomG, Jul 22, 2004