Is my old man any good? Or not so good?

Discussion in 'Intel' started by J, Mar 11, 2008.

  1. J

    J Guest

    Subject: Is my old man any good? Or not so good?
    Ah, I see. You can read the NG posts, but you can't post? Is that right?
    Okay, I guess you really have cause to email me then! It's fine by me man.

    P.S. How are things in Canada these days Boyd?

    :)

    J, Mar 11, 2008

  2. J

    J, Mar 11, 2008

  3. J

    J Guest

    Just who the **** is Champagne Charlie ????

    J, Mar 11, 2008
  4. J

    JJ Guest

    Hey Boyd! At first I didn't understand what you were asking, but now I do.
    Sorry for not explaining about the vids website. I put it up but it was only
    supposed to be seen by his friends in New York originally, then I posted the
    link to it in the NewsGroup. I can see how it 'could' be confusing, but I
    wanted it to be "surprise" when his friends atarted to email him saying "I
    didn't know you played like that" and stuff, but the thing is that not a
    single person
    emailed him to say a word about it. I know there is something strange about
    it all, but he'd never have posted the vids himself, so I did it for him.

    Someone suggested "something sinister" might be going on coz I never knew he
    played all those years ago. How close they came to the truth, they will
    never know! I don't hate my dad or even dislike him, but I never saw him
    when I was a kid as he split from us for another woman when I was only in
    junior school. He got married again and had what he calls his "second
    family" and since he showed up again just a few years back, we are all
    suppose to act like nothing ever happened. Well, something sure as hell
    'did' happen. I now have a son of my own and he is getting all the attention
    that I never got from my own dad. BTW, I am NOT jealous or angry in any way,
    just a son who was dumped along the way. He's a weird guy my dad, but I
    don't know his past at all. It has been hinted at to me by the odd friend of
    his that he DID play in bands in New York a while back, but I can't find
    anyone to give me the facts. He certainly wont. He says he's never had any
    lessons in his life...'really?! I find that very hard to believe for a
    start. He also refuses to talk about his past and laughs when I ask if he
    played in any
    bands. I am sure he did though. He once gave me an electric guitar and I
    still have it, and old beat-up Les Paul which I play some chords on and pick
    a bit, mostly country-rock stuff, but I'd loved to have had him around
    to show me how to play differently. I love mynew half-bro and sis very much,
    I mean it ain't their fault what he did. I have a younger sister of my own
    and she won't even talk to him, so I guess I at least have made more of an
    effort to talk to him.

    Hey guys....'please do NOT email him any of this stuff I have posted here!
    He is nice enough, but he does have another side to him, so keep this
    strictly in the NG. Guess you all know his email address, but I am pretty
    sure that nobody could be as heartless as to back-stab me. I hope I'm right.

    Boyd, I know you meant well, but sometimes being a detective can lead you
    into places where there is a lot more going on than you'd like to know
    about. You're a cool guy, but lighten up a little, and NO, I don't blame you
    for the confusion. I take all the blame for that one my friend.

    Cheers.

    C.C. (Jim).

    JJ, Mar 11, 2008