Is p4s533-mx mobo supposed to beep on post? damaged mobo?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by hot july, Jan 26, 2007.

  1. hot july

    hot july Guest

    http://www.baber.com/baber/411/asus_p4s533-mx.htm

    Assume my video card, monitor, ram, psu, and cpu all works. My comp won't
    post and I just get the "no signal" display on my monitor. I've unpluuged
    all fans and disconnected every other hardware to hear my cpu buzz when I
    turn on comp and the green power light on the mobo comes on. I thought the
    mobo used to beep when it would turn on, but I'm not sure. Anyway, there is
    no beep now for sure. I see no burns or black marks anywhere on the mobo,
    especially around the coil and capacitor-like things.

    1) So should I assume my mobo is dead?

    2) Any other way to test the mobo?

    3) I do hear activity under my heat sink, so can I assume my cpu is ok?

    Thanks!!!!

    hot july, Jan 26, 2007