    Tim Guest

    Why is the numbering all weird, it makes judging the better cards for newbs
    a little confusing!

    Tim, Dec 5, 2004

  2. Tim

    G Guest

    6800 is faster than the 6600 ... the higher the x in the 6x00, 5x00, 4x00
    etc the faster the card is generally. A pretty good pointer is that the
    more expensive a card is in the 6x00 series the faster it is.

    You could always just ask a salesperson for their advice (*evil grin*)

    G, Dec 5, 2004

  3. Tim

    DaveW Guest

    No.

    DaveW, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Tim

    Pete D Guest

    The 6600GT is almost as good as a 6800NU, depends what sight as to how big
    the difference is, a mate has the same machine as mine and my 6800NU canes
    his 6600GT at higher resolutions, 6800 around 20-30 better at 1600x1200 in
    Doom3 for example.

    Pete D, Dec 6, 2004