is the x800xt PE just a mythical beast?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by fatboy, Sep 19, 2004.

  1. fatboy

    fatboy Guest

    Or has anyone actually seen one of the these things.

    I decided to buy this card months ago, I read the reviews, this was the
    daddy of cards, and I had the money.

    And I still have the money. Sitting there in my account, going nowhere it
    seems, becauase nobody can get there hands on one of these things in the UK.

    By the time it arrives, they'll be the next gen cards out, and the bloody
    thing won't be the best card out there anymore.

    Why release a card to review, get all the reviewers to say its the best
    card, and then not release the bloody thing.

    It makes no sense, and pisses me off.

    When are those 512mb cards due out?

    Paul

    fatboy, Sep 19, 2004

  2. fatboy

    Sanddancer Guest

    I'm in the same boat. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and am just waiting
    and hoping. You've raised some good questions. I might be tempted to
    cencel my order and wait for the 512MB cards coming out. but saying
    that, who says they'll be able to get any stock of them.

    Sanddancer

    Sanddancer, Sep 19, 2004

  3. fatboy

    pRot3us Guest

    I've had mine for over a month :¬))

    Sean

    pRot3us, Sep 19, 2004
  4. fatboy

    James Frith Guest

    I've had mine for over 3 months now, and I love it.
    Despite reports that the nVidia 6800 Ultra is faster in Doom3, the
    x800xt-pe is faster at virtually everything else, including the
    upcoming Half-Life2. Besides, Doom3 is caped at 60fps... and I'm
    getting 58.5fps @ 1280x1024, 2xAA, 16xAF in High Quality mode on a P4
    3.3Ghz system, so I'm happy :)
    Not this year, due to high memory prices.
    Probably not until ATI unveils the R520 based cards, with Shader 3.0
    support.

    James Frith, Sep 19, 2004
  5. Sure wish a store in Memphis would get one before the end of the year!!!!!
    Why advertise for 6 months and still not have any in stock??? This is
    getting crazy.

    Alan Whitenton, Sep 20, 2004
  6. fatboy

    Bean Guest

    They are being sold online first. I've had my x800xt pe since june 15th. Of
    course i preordered a month before that at compusa online. And i was one of
    the lucky few to get one of the first batch (300) from compusa. They wont
    hit retail in mass until the demand dies down online. ATI had to send most
    of their x800xt pe cards to oems first then to retailers. oem demand seems
    to have died down so retailers should start to get them in. Compusa was
    first sending out the cards online, then bestbuy, then compusa, compusa
    again, then i think dell might have sold some too. Now they are only
    trickling out of online stores, and ive heard of a few here and there in
    some retail stores.

    Bean

    Bean, Sep 21, 2004
  7. fatboy

    Jim Guest

    well i got a ultra 6800 and i'm comptletely dissapointed. half my game
    games dont work for this card the good news is that i'm glad i didnt
    pay anything for this card. i was working on a house and the people
    who lived there happen to work for nvidia, i did some painting which
    took about half hr and got this card for free. i will be posting this
    card on ebay and i will be buying a more stable card the x800 xt ati
    card. i.m running a robust 460watt power supply and mt ultra is not
    overclocked. the last driver that came out for this card was in July
    lol i'm please.

    Jim, Sep 21, 2004
  8. fatboy

    First of One Guest

    Go on Pricewatch.Com. Be prepared to shell out more than $800 for the AGP
    version.

    The Gigabyte X800XT-PE is also a valid alternative.

    First of One, Sep 22, 2004
  9. fatboy

    fatboy Guest

    Firstly, thanks all for the replies. Looks like the odd few got through, but
    they still aren't available in significant numbers.

    I also should have made it clearer that I am really only concerned about the
    UK.

    And in the UK, no stores have them. As far as I know.

    They are nothing more than rumours, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded in
    mystery. Or something.

    Oh well.

    Paul

    fatboy, Sep 22, 2004
  10. fatboy

    Minotaur Guest

    It's available! on back-order. Don't stress or throw your money away,
    buy a 6800GT and turn to the dark side and be happy instead.

    512M cards in 2005, memory prices are too high they say.

    Minotaur, Sep 23, 2004
  11. Makes no sense to me either..... it's been released for review for MONTHS!
    Must be some serious issues that they are fixing! Who knows.... but they
    are really dropping the ball on this one.

    Alan Whitenton, Sep 23, 2004
  12. fatboy

    First of One Guest

    I thought ATi was in the process of pulling its own-branded cards from the
    European market?

    First of One, Sep 26, 2004