    Any thoughts?

    Is there a better board I should look at?

    thanks.

    R, Mar 19, 2007

  2. I'm not aware that there were problems with the P4T533-C.

    However, I've been using Gigabyte motherboards instead of Asus, and have
    been very happy with the GA-965P-DS3.

    Barry Watzman, Mar 19, 2007

  3. R

    Scott Guest

    I too went for several years without a single problem with the
    P4T533-C.

    Scott, Mar 19, 2007
  4. R

    DaveW Guest

    I love my high end P5N32-E-SLI that uses the 680 Nvidia chipset.

    DaveW, Mar 19, 2007
  5. R

    R Guest

    Probably 50% of the machines I built with P4T533-C's ended up getting RMA'd.
    Asus Tech Support didn't even question me when I called it was that common
    at the time, just set up the RMA. Probably 10% more died after the 3 year
    warranty. Just one day, they wouldn't POST anymore.

    Thanks for the reply.

    R, Mar 19, 2007
  6. I used a lot of p4T533-C's, and also P4T533's (still have some). And I
    know a lot of other people who did. The only problems I am aware of was
    a power supply issue on the early P4T533's (without the -C) that
    required them to be RMA'd if you wanted to use the 3.06GHz CPU with
    Hyperthreading.

    Barry Watzman, Mar 20, 2007
  7. R

    R Guest

    The ones I received from Asus are all still running. At the time, one of the
    tech's told me what component it was, but I forgot. The early ones were the
    problem so I presume they fixed it somewhere in there.

    Real shame, because it's a pretty good board otherwise. I'm still using one
    of the rma replacements in my shop - great machine.

    Do you remember the P2000C (or something like that). Asus actually gave us
    our money back for them and trashed the board. I think it was an Intel
    controller problem - my memory fades though....

    R, Mar 20, 2007
  8. R

    Unicorn Guest

    I have P5B Deluxe for more that two month now and I have
    no problems what so ever.

    My config is:
    Asus P5B Deluxe (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Dual
    Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
    CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 2400 MHz (9 x 267)
    Memory Crucial; Total 2046 MB PC2-5300
    Chipset Intel Broadwater P965
    Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
    Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD501LJ ATA Device (465 GB, IDE)
    Disk Drive SAMSUNG SP2504C ATA Device (250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
    Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H22N ATA Device
    (DVD+R9:8x, DVD-R9:8x, DVD+RW:18x/8x, DVD-RW:18x/6x,

    Unicorn, Mar 20, 2007
  9. R

    JohnJ Guest

    I'll second that - I've had several P4T533-Cs and never a hiccup. Two are
    still running daily and working just fine.

    --
    Remove "eninga" to reply.

    Regards
    John

    "There's really no point in listening to other people. They're either going
    to be agreeing with you or saying stupid stuff." - Dogbert

    JohnJ, Mar 22, 2007