Is there a difference between DDR2 memory for Amd AM2 and for Intel motherboard

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Gilles Vollant, Feb 16, 2008.

  1. Gilles Vollant, Feb 16, 2008

  2. I found two ebay offer for memory DDR2 specified "AM2" No. I am using 2*1 + 2*2 A-Data DDR2-800 RAM for my Asus M2N-E.

    --
    @[email protected] Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.2

    Man-wai Chang ToDie, Feb 16, 2008

  3. Gilles Vollant

    Paul Guest

    Maybe the chips are x4 data width ?

    Intel datasheets usually only mention support for x8 and x16 width memory chips.

    I notice two of the adverts also say that the pictures are fakes.
    So what you get, won't look like the pictures. I guess now we
    wait, until someone buys one, and we can get a part number off
    the top of one of the chips.

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 16, 2008