    another year.

    Thanks
    Doug

    Doug Weller, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Doug Weller

    Folk Guest

    Any bog standard 168 pin SDRAM module will work. I reckon the only
    difference between the two mobos is that the VA means it has a VIA
    chipset. The memory would be interchangeable between the two.
    Just make sure you match the memory speed to your FSB speed. If
    you're not sure, the best thing to do would be to purchase PC133 which
    should work for all FSB speeds. And get unbuffered, non-parity.

    Any of the 168 pin modules on this page that say unbuffered,
    non-parity will work:

    http://www.crucial.com/store/listmodule.asp?family=SDRAM&tabid=SDRAM,+PC133

    And since there's no price difference between the CL2 and CL3 modules,
    go with the CL2 (slightly faster).

    Folk, Jul 25, 2005

  3. Doug Weller

    Doug Weller Guest

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:48:12 -0400, in
    Thanks very much. Sorry I didn't reply earlier.
    I got 2 128mb memory modules from Crucial after running the Crucial scan.
    Both work. But not at the same time! With both in at the same time I get
    the beep pause beep. Take one out, no problem. Move it around, no problem,
    check to make sure both work, no problem. Finally leave one in, put back
    one of the old 65mb ones, no problem again!

    Doug

    Doug Weller, Jul 31, 2005
  4. Doug Weller

    Gollum Guest

    Doug,

    I had the same problem with a KT6 Delta mb. Wouldn't run 2 x 512
    matched Mushkin blue. Either one by itself fine, two together no go.
    Tried all the slot combinations, still no luck. Switched to Corsair
    value select 2 x 512, runs great! AND the Mushkin runs fine on a Soyo
    mb.
    I know it's not much help, just my experience.

    Gollum

    Gollum, Aug 1, 2005
  5. Doug Weller

    Doug Weller Guest

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:05:34 GMT, in
    still nice to know it happens to others. My problem is I don't know what
    other memory is compatible and that I can get in the UK!
    She'll just have to wait until she can get a new PC running Vista I think.
    :)

    Doug

    Doug Weller, Aug 6, 2005
  6. Doug Weller

    Michael Paul Guest

    Hi,
    You should try memory that is certified to be compatible with Intel
    BX-chipsets, although you are running the VIA version of that
    mainboard. This has something to do with the internal organisation of
    the module.
    BX-compatible RAM should work.
    Standards are created in order to be violated by the manufacturers;-)

    regards,
    Michael

    Michael Paul, Aug 9, 2005