Is there any way [email protected] could cause problems creating PDFs?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by heron stone, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. heron stone

    heron stone Guest

    I have installed the [email protected] screensaver on an OS9 machine at work.
    I use PageMaker 7 to produce a coupole of small community newspapers.
    I use Distiller 5 to create PDFs that are sent to the printer.

    Each page is sent as a separate file.

    We have a new printer and he is reporting that he can't strip the
    files into the 4-up plates and has to do it manually.

    Is it possible that Seti could be responsible somehow?. It's the only
    non-standard software on the machine. The only software installed
    is PM7, Photoshop 6, Distiller 5, Fetch ?, MS Explorer and Norton.

    thanks

    heron

    --
    unDO email address
    ___

    heron stone, Jan 16, 2004

  2. I don't think so. Go into control panels and extensions and disable the Seti
    control panel. Reboot and see whether your problem disappeares.

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    Immunbiologie
    Postfach 1169 Internet: [email protected] dot mpg dot de
    D-79011 Freiburg, Germany

    Christoph Gartmann, Jan 16, 2004

  3. not in my experience -
    over 4 years of running it and more than 33,000 blocks (660,000 hours) of data
    returned using many different combinations of OS and hardware.

    Fetch, Rover, Fetch, Jan 16, 2004
  4. heron stone

    heron stone Guest

    heron stone, Jan 17, 2004