    the hard drve as a primary partition in ntsf format. Maybe that the
    problem but on the web site they dont talk about this...

    help!

    DreamMaker, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Had this problem several months ago on my A7N8X Deluxe 2.0. I never heard
    from Maxtor when I complained...

    NOW..., they've posted this little tidbit:

    Note: PowerMax v4.06 will not detect Ultra ATA hard disks connected to
    motherboards with embedded NVIDIA chipsets (SATA drives are supported). A
    new version to address this issue is currently in development and is slated
    for release soon. Please check the PowerMax download page periodically for
    updates. All versions of PowerMax prior to 4.06 are no longer supported, it
    is recommended that you update to version 4.06 before testing your hard
    disk.

    That nForce2 chipset is full of neat surprises, my favourite is the lack of
    PCI IDE Busmaster suppport from DOS.

    Robert Sudbury, Dec 31, 2003

  3. DreamMaker

    DreamMaker Guest

    After veryfing this issue, i did find out somthing very interesting...

    it say,
    Procedure for adjusting write verify modes via the WVSET Program

    Maxtor hard drives are normally shipped with the "write verify"
    feature enabled. The "write verify" feature is enabled to provide
    protection against any particles that may have moved caused by
    mishandling. This feature is enabled only for the first 10 power
    cycles after which the feature will be disabled. A power cycle is the
    normal shutdown operations of the computer, including turning the
    power off.

    "Write Verify" performs a Read of the data just written to the hard
    drive and validates the data via the Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC),
    providing additional assurance that the data written to the hard drive
    was written correctly. When Write Verify is enabled, the WRITE
    performance of the drive is affected as a read occurs for each write.
    When disabled WRITE performance is improved as, a read is not
    performed for each write.

    When performing benchmark operations the "write verify" feature should
    be disabled to insure valid comparisons to other products that do not
    offer this capability in their product.

    To enable, disable, or set occurrence values(number of power on/of
    cycles) for the "Write Verify" operation please refer to the WVSET

    is the link that verify that.
    https://maxtor.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...nl_JnBfY2F0X2x2bDI9fmFueX4mcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=

    DreamMaker, Dec 31, 2003
  4. DreamMaker

    tomcas Guest

    I found that powermax would bomb if there are any uninstalled drivers. Do
    you have any exclamation marks showing in device manager?

    tomcas, Dec 31, 2003
  5. DreamMaker

    DreamMaker Guest

    no, but i've find out that nvidia base motherboard are not support by
    the powermax program.

    Anyway now i'm shure that my drive is working ok cause now i do get in
    data transfers a little more than a maxtor dimondmax plus 9 with 2mb
    of buffer.

    but i will ask you some thing.
    in your bios setting did you let the hardware set your hard drive or
    you've instal it with the manual setting.

    on the internet they say it suppose to have for the 6y080po

    cylinder 158,816 but in my bios it say 39000
    precomp it say 39000
    head 16 it say 16
    sect 63 it say 255
    and 80gb it say (when loading 80gb)

    what should i do with these setting.

    DreamMaker, Jan 1, 2004
  6. DreamMaker

    tomcas Guest

    I always use auto setting in bios- never manual.

    tomcas, Jan 2, 2004