Is this a hardware fault?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Veronica, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Veronica

    Veronica Guest

    Hi!
    I could use some help from members of this group. I have recently
    bought a P4, with windows xp. The problems I have are:
    1. Sometimes when I open any document/internet explorer, the scroll
    bar starts moving by itself and soo fast that I cannot read any7thing.
    Even if I try to stop it with mouse, it keeps on scrolling up and
    down. Even if I use key board, the cursor wouldn't move in the
    direction I want. And strange thing about this is that it doesn't
    occur everytime I open a doc/open IE.
    2. Just today when I was about check my email, I found that in the box
    where we're supposed to type our user name, some words were being
    typed automatically. This typing wasn't that recent. Till now, it used
    to be totally incoherrent typing like say 'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr'
    or '@@@@@@********' etc. but today there were actually words like
    'lemon', '8.00 am' , 'on', 'world',' sun' etc.
    Now I don't know if this is software fault/hardware fault...or a
    virus. But when I bought the pc, there was pre-installed Mcafee
    program free with the purchase and I update it regularly. Besides, I
    have a firewall as well. As for internet connection, I work on
    broadband.I need some advice on this....WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM
    HERE???

    Pls help!
    Veronica

    Veronica, Feb 20, 2004

  2. Veronica

    Aaron Guest

    I'd say spyware, because nothing seems only to point to hardware.
    It's unlikely that keyboard and mouse would spazz out on one computer
    only.

    Go to download.com, and get Ad-Aware.
    That's the major spyware removal tool I've heard of.

    Aaron

    Aaron, Feb 20, 2004

  3. Veronica

    jamotto Guest

    As mentioned I would check for spy-ware. Also do a complete virus
    check of all files on the system.

    You might want to also visit https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
    to test your firewall and read info available from the www.grc.com
    site

    hope this helps

    jamotto, Feb 21, 2004
  4. Veronica

    Ron Cook Guest

    Ron Cook, Feb 21, 2004
  5. Veronica

    m0rphr3us Guest

    well as for the problem with typing that ur not doing... my friend had
    the same problem... dun remember how he fixed it but im 99% sure its
    not a virus.. another strange thing is it usually wuld only occur on
    http://google.com lol

    m0rphr3us, Feb 22, 2004
  6. Veronica

    Veronica Guest

    Hi!
    Thank you guys !
    Installed and ran Ad-aware (5 spywares detected!)and checked
    security settings etc.
    scroll-bar problem got fixed and cursor is also back to normal.....
    Thanx again!!
    :) :)

    Vee
    [Veronica :)]