    cl 2. Windows 2000 will not install with a variety of bsod crashes.
    Using 1x512 the install goes a wee bit farther. What a
    disappointment. Now im thinking about ditching the abit.

    LUH, Sep 14, 2003

  2. LUH

    TomG Guest

    did you try upping the DDR voltage to 2.7 or a little higher? take it off
    By SPD for the ram timing under Advanced Chipset settings and set it to the
    highest settings (slowest) and see if it is stable and then see how low you
    can go back down until you loose stability.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 115,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Sep 14, 2003

  3. LUH

    Skid Guest

    Start by relaxing the timings. Raise the CAS to 2.5 or 3. Also try flashing
    to the latest bios for the IS7, updates expanded ram compatibility. Don't
    know what the Kingston uses, but there have been reports of problems with
    ram using Winbond CH-5 chips on a number of Springdale and Canterwood
    boards.

    Skid, Sep 14, 2003
  4. LUH

    ArJo Guest

    Hi

    Had to rise the DDR voltage from 2.6 to 2.7 as well before I could
    install Windows XP on the Abit IC7-G board with 2 x 256MB Kingston HyperX
    PC3200. With Windows 98SE I didn't had that problem.

    Cheers
    ArJo

    ArJo, Sep 14, 2003
  5. LUH

    AArDvarK Guest

    My Kingston pair are value RAM with Samsung chips
    at CL3, budget I know but they work great on my IS7,
    all the speed I need. DDR 400, optimized for dual channel.

    Alex

    AArDvarK, Sep 14, 2003
  6. LUH

    LUH Guest

    Hi, I bumped it to 2.65 and so far it has not crashed. I will give it
    some rigurous testing tomorrow. Thanks!

    LUH, Sep 15, 2003
  7. LUH

    LUH Guest

    Welp, it isnt stable at 2.65. I don't really feel like running at 2.7
    volts or cas3. I'm going to return the kingston and abit. Thinking
    about a mushkin asus matchup. I can't believe these 865 boards are so
    picky about the ram. Sigh.

    LUH, Sep 16, 2003
  8. LUH

    John Lewis Guest

    Have you tried either suggestion to see whether it solves your
    problem ?? Maybe you have a dud CD-ROM, or................ ?

    And I don't 'really feel' like getting out of bed some days
    too..........
    Oh goody...... and the Asus uses which P4 chip-set ?? SIS ??

    The 875 or 865 (or any other chip-set) are "picky" about ram if the
    purchaser does not do the requisite <technical> research before
    his/her ram purchase...... The brand-name of the RAM becomes
    important only AFTER determining the correct timing choice(s).

    Anybody can build a PC.without an appropriate level of technical
    research..........NO !! At least not a reliable, high-performance

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Sep 16, 2003