    lock switch is no more but since it has support for a suspend LED it would
    be reasonable to have a connector for the suspend switch????

    Robert

    Robert Van Vugt, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Robert  Van Vugt

    TomG Guest

    I agree that it appears that the keyboard lock is no longer implemented. as
    for the suspend switch, 98 and XP and I believe Win2K as well all have the
    ability to reprogram the main power button to either suspend or hibernate as
    well as shut down. that is the approach I have taken with setting it to
    suspend. if I really want to power down, then I either use a software app
    that has the ability to shut things down, suspend or whatever with a
    shortcut on the desktop or I just use the start menu approach.

    there are replacements for the Shutdown.exe program that can implement any
    manner of shut down, suspend, hibernate all via shortcut on the desktop.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 117,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Oct 12, 2003

  3. There is no header for the suspend button. However, hardware keylock *is*
    implemented. It's on pins 22 and 24 of FPIO1 (in other words the two pins
    between the power LED and the front of the board).

    The reason there's still a suspend LED header despite no hardware switch is
    that this functionality is commonly handled directly by the OS or a
    dedicated button on the keyboard nowadays.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com

    Richard Hopkins, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Robert  Van Vugt

    TomG Guest

    I wondered if they were still implementing the keylock on that header as I
    saw undocumented pins... thanks for the info, Richard.

    TomG, Oct 12, 2003
  5. No worries Tom. Same place the keylock header's been since the good old days
    of the BX6. Happy memories! :)

    Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com

    Richard Hopkins, Oct 14, 2003