    system disk, but subsequently hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool Data". Have
    tried clearing CMOS with no success. Any suggestions?

    Bruce

    Bruce Hancock, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Bruce Hancock

    TomG Guest

    there are failures that require a swap of the mobo for that problem but the
    issue can also be related to boot settings for which boot device has
    priority and such.

    try this: disconnect ALL power to the system and set the CMOS jumper to the
    clear position AND remove the battery as well. then reinstall the battery,
    put the CMOS jumper back to run position and try booting back up. of
    course, you should have to re-program the bios settings.

    post back with specific details of your system including what drives are on
    what controllers, what cards are in what slots, etc., if the problem
    continues.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified