    Is there some intangible difference that the extra cost buys some
    extra reliability or features that a general user could use.

    Bill M.

    Fish Head, Aug 13, 2003

  2. Fish Head

    TomG Guest

    if the difference is not tangible as far as price, then I would err on the
    side of getting the firewire as you never know when you might need it.
    otherwise, it is a great board!

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 115,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Aug 13, 2003

  3. Fish Head

    roger.s Guest

    Yes I am trying to make up my mind, and I am concened with what I read on Toms
    the the E did not suppport 800mhz CPU's or 400 mhz Rams.

    The IS7-E costs here some $230nz and the IS7 $336nz

    A lot to pay for Firewire.

    I wish I could dnload a Manual or even read a review..

    roger.s, Aug 13, 2003
  4. Fish Head

    Skid Guest

    You trust Tom more than Abit? According to the manufacturer, the only things
    lacking on the IS7-E are a second SATA controller and firewire.
    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=80
    You might also check the owner comments at www.newegg.com, where a fair
    number of people are overclocking the IS7-E with wild abandon.

    Skid, Aug 13, 2003
  5. Fish Head

    TomG Guest

    I don't believe that is accurate where the E does not support 800 FSB cpu's
    but I could be wrong...

    TomG, Aug 13, 2003
  6. The IS7-E board does support 800 fsb and well beyond. Had my p42.8 running
    at 230 (920 fsb) with no probs.

    Chris

    Chris Willetts, Aug 14, 2003
  7. Fish Head

    Adrian Kwa Guest

    The difference is in the RAID option. It seems that it runs faster where
    there is a ICH5R rather than a ICH5. I would pay the extra if I were you. I
    did!

    Adrian

    Adrian Kwa, Aug 24, 2003