=?ISO-8859-1?Q?MSI_K7N2G-ILSR_&_Corsair=AE_512MB_TwinX?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?_Dual_Memory_[2_x_256MB]_XMS_

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Phu Me, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Phu Me

    Phu Me Guest

    I currently have the following combination and an AMD 2400XP.

    As much as I have tried, I am unable to configure this to use the CPU
    FSB and memory at the 166Mhz rate. I don't really want to overclock
    the CPU just use the memory and CPU at the same bandwidth.

    Could someone who has a similar configuration please post their
    current BIOS settings. My settings are as follows:

    CPU FSB Clock : 133
    System Performance: Manual (showing 2GB)
    CPU Interface: Normal
    Memory Timings: SPD
    AGP Voltage at 1.5
    DRAM Voltage at 2.6
    CPU Ratio: by H/W.
    VCore Select: by H/W.

    I've tried a few of these combinations i.e. increasing FSB, memory
    combinations and setting the ratios but this leads to my machine being
    frozen.
    Maybe the official memmory timings for the corsairs would be good.

    I've heard about this 'wire trick' but not sure if that is the only
    solution.

    Thanks in advance.
    Phu

    Phu Me, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Phu Me

    dsgdag Guest

    Ok, drop the CPU ratio to 12x and then set the fsb to 166mhz. Works for me.
    The cpu multiplier is by default 15x which leads to 2500mhz cpu freq with
    166 fsb and that is too much.

    dsgdag, Jul 1, 2003