issue with si3210

Discussion in 'Abit' started by alltimeuser, Feb 4, 2011.

1. alltimeuser

alltimeuser

Hi;

I have issues with Si3210. i am using this with PIC32MX675F512L microcontroller as master SPI with the main clock is 72Mhz and spi clock is 12 Mhz,other SPI settings are CPE =1;CKE = 0; and operating in 8-bit mode. In our board 8 si3210 are connected in daisy chain mode.

In normal mode , i can able to do register read and write operation(i.e 2 cycle operation).But in case of Daisy chain mode write and read operation is not seems to be reliable, It takes 2 consecutive write and read operation to achieve the result.

My doubts here is:
    1. How do i confirm whether my torget is configured for Daisy chain mode.
    2, How do i confirm whether the read write opearation is happening on perticular chip.

Note: I am configuring Daisy chain during power up time, by writing 0x80 to SPIMODE register(zeroth register) this operation is 2 cycles only.

With regards
    Nagesha

alltimeuser, Feb 4, 2011
  2. alltimeuser

stars1973

Report Post 02-04-2011, 11:08 AM
    Hi;

I have issues with Si3210. i am using this with PIC32MX675F512L microcontroller as master SPI with the main clock is 72Mhz and spi clock is 12 Mhz,other SPI settings are CPE =1;CKE = 0; and operating in 8-bit mode. In our board 8 si3210 are connected in daisy chain mode.

In normal mode , i can able to do register read and write operation(i.e 2 cycle operation).But in case of Daisy chain mode write and read operation is not seems to be reliable, It takes 2 consecutive write and read operation to achieve the result.

My doubts here is:
    1. How do i confirm whether my torget is configured for Daisy chain mode.
    2, How do i confirm whether the read write opearation is happening on perticular chip.

Note: I am configuring Daisy chain during power up time, by writing 0x80 to SPIMODE register(zeroth register) this operation is 2 cycles only.

With regards
    Nagesha

stars1973, Mar 6, 2011
Ask a Question