    Just reading complaints and problems in this newsgroup people are having
    with MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum makes you change your mind about buying a MSI K8N
    NEO2 Platinum motherboard.

    Ryan Atici, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Ryan,

    Let me pass this MSI success story along. I have both the K8N Neo Platinum
    running a "Clawhammer" A64-3400 with out a single problem. I am using 2 X
    512 of Kingston HyperX, with the 9800 AIW pro vic card and a bunch of other
    stuff. Not any issues that I can find.

    The new toy is an K8N Neo2 939 with the FX-53 - Gainward 6800GT Ultra/2400
    Golden Sample - 2 X 512 Crucial "Ballistix" in Dual Channel.....lot of other
    stuff. Again no problems. I am not an overclocker but have successfully had
    this running as high as 2.7 gigs stable. However when you invest big $$ into
    a proccessor like the FX-53 I prefer to stay down to earth. I know several
    fellows that have the MSI board and swear "by" not at them.

    All boards have risks, but most are user errors and not of the boards
    themselfs.....Good luck no matter your choice.

    Ray Hansmeier, Sep 15, 2004