    with calls to Dell, I've not been so lucky with some others. Some, like
    Crucial, have been nearly flawless, even regarding RMAs....

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Tom Scales

    Tom Simchak Guest

    You only get royalties if you have trademarked the name "Dellbot". :)

    Now where did I put that form again....

    Tom S.
    Houston, TX

    Tom Simchak, Mar 10, 2005

  3. Tom Scales

    Tom Simchak Guest

    I thought that's why I had a car...

    Anyway, I'll bet cab drivers make more than tech support types.

    Tom Simchak, Mar 10, 2005
  4. Tom Scales

    Irene Guest

    Indeed, not mention, "stupid", "ignorant", "jerk", "asshole", "idiot",
    "illiterate",'"jackass", "delusional", "retard", "pathetic", "moron",
    "liar", "loser", plus numerous others, including a half dozen or so that I
    won't quote because I refuse to use that kind of language.

    Any one that post negative comments about Dell to this group, can expect to
    be described in the most "glowing" of terms. >g<

    Irene, Mar 10, 2005
  5. Tom Scales

    Irene Guest

    Good point.

    Irene, Mar 10, 2005
  6. Tom Scales

    Nate Guest

    hey, that's the first time I laughed out loud while reading this group
    :)

    hopefully, the tide might soon turn on the outsourcing. Still, the
    irony to me is that the ones from India are *almost* every time polite
    - while I remember a time when I had twice been sent the wrong item
    from a web order (not Dell). Being somewhat steamed by then, I
    encountered the US young urban *attitude* when I complained to the US
    rep on the phone. Not only she, but her supervisor as well, were
    giving me the *attitude* that they don't take no upset attitude from
    no customer. Plus, by then I knew more about their return procedure
    than they did, BUT they were still giving me wrong advice on what
    would happen in the return procedure.

    Nate, Mar 10, 2005
  7. I was surprised after reading this group for awhile now. I expected to get
    what I get from DirecTV or Direcway but as it turns out I did get someone in
    India. However he knew how to fix my problem right away. I have a 3 week old
    Dell Dim 8400 with MCE and Dim 3000 (about 2 months old) I rebooted the 8400
    and it just went black only lights showing was the amber start button on the
    computer. It turned out to be a simple fix due to a power surge and the
    whole process took about 5 minutes from start of call to end of
    conversation. Needless to say there is a new APC UPS on both machines now.

    Now if you want to have a problem try DirecTV. I took all day (from 9 AM to
    4:30 PM) and 26 phone calls to simply pay my bill due to the fact my account
    is in a company name so it can't be paid on the net. Oh and the bill didn't
    get paid due to the fact they never could fax me or email a copy of my
    invoice. They sent it snail mail and it arrived today. No that is customer
    service, NOT>

    Joe Cilinceon, Mar 10, 2005
  8. Tom Scales

    Vince Guest

    What is the SKU or DELL part number for Gold Tech Support? I see
    nothing in the DELL catalog relating to Gold Tech Support.

    Thus far (21 Jan 2005) the amount that I have been charged for 4 yrs
    of "elite XPS support" is too much $$$$.

    Regards,

    ~ Vince ~

    Vince, Mar 10, 2005
  9. Tom Scales

    Notan Guest

    Have a look at http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y2BF2178A.

    As far as I know, it's still only available to those who purchase
    through Dell's Small Business Division, or higher, which is too
    bad, 'cause there are plenty of Home buyers who could/would use
    this level of support.

    Notan

    Notan, Mar 10, 2005
  10. Tom Scales

    Irene Guest

    I don't know whether this is another case of Dell's web site being out of
    date, but according to the SB web pages describing the terms of Gold Tech
    Support, the Gold Tech Support is NOT available for Dimension or Inspiron
    computers.

    Irene, Mar 11, 2005
  11. Tom Scales

    Paul Knudsen Guest

    No justice, is there? :)

    Paul Knudsen, Mar 11, 2005
  12. Tom Scales

    Paul Knudsen Guest

    Was this a yellow cab? They can be fined for carrying passengers
    without the meter running. And ANY NYC cabbie giving a free ride?
    You must have been in some other universe.

    Paul Knudsen, Mar 11, 2005
  13. Tom Scales

    Irene Guest

    Just looked at the "List".

    I know one of them personally. I will have to pass on the other names that
    this individual is grouped with. I am sure it will be considered an honor.

    Irene, Mar 11, 2005
  14. Tom Scales

    Leythos Guest

    I don't remember the color of the cab, but it was as official looking as
    any other cab I've taken - I was this older mans last fair of the day. It
    really surprised me too, but I was I know it was NYC, as the rest of the
    interaction with the people was filled with rude people :)

    Leythos, Mar 11, 2005
  15. Irene,

    You are probably looking at an out-of-date section of the SB web site.
    I just took a look at the terms of the Gold Support Service Agreement
    and it includes Dimension and Inspiron computers. I got to it by
    clicking on Product Support/Service Plans/Gold Technical Support Service
    Agreement. Here's the link:

    http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/services/GTS_Agreement_CBG-SMB-PUB.pdf

    Dave

    Dave Friedenberg, Mar 11, 2005
  16. Indeed, one of those industry-wide customer surveys indicated that the
    company with the best response (not the lowest failure rate!) had the
    best customer satisfaction.

    William P.N. Smith, Mar 11, 2005
  17. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    That's really how it shakes out. You loved me when you sold me the damned
    thing, but I can't find you when it breaks.

    OR, it breaks and your attitude is still good about responding to and
    correcting the problem.

    You think more companies would get the idea. Damn. I started to use that
    outdated term "customer loyalty".

    Further, the latter response will garner customers who will pay more,
    generally. (i.e.-Toyota quality/perceived quality).

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Mar 11, 2005
  18. Tom Scales

    Irene Guest

    Thank you Dave. I worded it precisely as I did because my experience over
    more than five years has taught me that Dell is notoriously poor about
    keeping their web sites up to date.
    In fact some of them are so bad, it would be laughable if it were not for
    the fact that it is causing customers problems and costing Dell sales.

    Irene, Mar 11, 2005
  19. Tom Scales

    Irene Guest

    Dave, here is the section that I was reading.

    Gold Technical Support is currently not available on Dimension or Inspiron
    Personal Systems and is currently not available to Dell Home System,
    Employee Purchase Program and Faculty Staff and Student customers. Service
    is subject to the terms and conditions of the service contract, available on
    www.dell.com.

    It is located in a paragraph at the bottom of this page.

    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/services/en/gts?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

    Irene, Mar 11, 2005
  20. Congrats. :)

    For my hard drive PIO/DMA problems, I called Dell tech support 4 times
    tonight. I had an average of 20 minute waits on each call, and when a live
    person finally did answer, they were all very difficult to understand. I
    hung up on 3 of them (rude, yes, but I didn't want to continue to waste my
    time or theirs), but stayed on the phone for the 4th person. She helped me
    switch from PIO to DMA mode, but I'd still like to ask some in-depth
    questions about warranties and diagnostics and whether or not they'll send
    me a replacement HD even though my current one hasn't died yet.

    For that conversation, I'll be calling them back tomorrow until I get
    someone who I can communicate well with.

    Terry Summers, Mar 11, 2005