    Tom Scales Guest

    Uh, it's not marked refurb.

    Hmm, kind of takes the argument out of your comment, doesn't it.

    Tom Scales, Mar 12, 2005

  2. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    <snip>

    You need to lighten the hell up. If you don't believe it, that's your
    problem. Pick up a phone and dial. Get out more.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Mar 12, 2005

  3. Tom Scales

    Dogface Guest

    Was this just a new monitor purchase? Is the replacement policy different
    on parts purchases versus systems?

    Dogface, Mar 12, 2005
  4. Generally the replacement policy is different on products less than 30 days
    old.

    Jupiter Jones, Mar 12, 2005
  5. Tom Scales

    Tom Scales Guest

    However, I do not believe that policy is in writing. I believe Dell's
    theory is that you could return it within the time period, so they might as
    well give you a new one.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Mar 12, 2005
  6. Since December, I think.

    There are "some" steps that are not in the "public" version because Dell
    doesn't want them performed unless you're on the phone with a tech or
    you are a Dell Certified tech. But the majority of it is exactly the
    same.

    Brad Licatesi, Mar 13, 2005
  7. If Dell sells a hard drive for $100 and the price for that hard drive
    drops to $75 while it's still in Dell's inventory, they can write off
    the new drive at the original full retail price by shipping it as a
    refurb replacement. As William states, it's an accounting game.

    Brad Licatesi, Mar 13, 2005
  8. Important Note!!!!

    Dell's "satisfaction period" is now 21 days, not 30 days. After 21 days
    you get refurb, not new. Of course, as mentioned before, refurb doesn't
    always mean refurb.

    But the only way you will get a NEW anything gauranteed is within the
    first 21 days.

    Brad Licatesi, Mar 13, 2005
  9. The replacement policy is the same...

    If the part being replaced is within "21" days of invoice you get a NEW
    as in "NEW not REFURB" part. Outside of the "21" days you get a refurb
    part.

    If you get a refurb part within 21 days, you can call Dell support and
    have them replace it with NEW if it is your desire.

    At least this is the official policy of Business Support. I don't know
    about consumer.

    Brad Licatesi, Mar 13, 2005
  10. We began this thread with a Top Ten list, thus the 10, so I guess the
    answer is "no". ;)

    I understand you're brain damaged and have cut you some slack
    accordingly, but my patience is finite.

    Sparky Singer, Mar 13, 2005
  11. Tom Scales

    Hans S Guest

    My new E2001FP arrived with a wrong mains plug and when I found a matching one (my old Inspiron 8100), I found the screen to be electronically defect.
    Also waited about that time. It was all clear to the technician, but because the monitor was new out of the box, customer care had to handle it. Waited for another 4 minutes for the call to transfer.
    Obviously dutch is a more efficient language. Only took them 5 minutes ;)
    That was what they told me too.

    When I called back two weeks later they explained that the original replacement request had been blobked by another department. And they hadn't been able to reach me (I checked and they had the correct telephone number). I had to wait another 15 minutes listening to popular music while she cleared it up.

    4 days later I got a mail confirming the replacement order and it will take another 4 days to arrive from Ireland.
    Funny detail: The call centre is here in Amsterdam, but the person from Customer Care handling the first call (where it went wrong) was, judging from her accent, an american ex-pat :) Her dutch was reasonable, but it made the telephone call last twice as long ;)

    I am not complaining. My old monitor still works fine. People make mistakes. I just expect them to solve the situation without further problems for me and they did. And when this monitor arrives (1 month late) I will still be as happy as a clam ;)

    Hans

    Hans S, Mar 14, 2005