It starts, stops, starts again...A7V8X-MX

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Max, Jun 19, 2004.

  1. Max

    Max Guest

    A7V8X-MX SE
    2600+
    2 x 256Mb DDR266
    300w generic power supply running just the board and HD
    On board graphics and sound.

    The computer is working fine except:

    On switch on it powers up normally, the fans running, then after one
    or two seconds it dies, a second later it restarts...after that
    everything is normal.

    Have tried reversing the power and reset connectors but that isn't the
    fix.

    Any one have an idea what is causing this?

    Max

    Max, Jun 19, 2004

  2. Max

    Paul Guest

    I've seen a post about that before. Apparently it is
    normal, so don't panic:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 19, 2004