    connectors. I assume this means that the atx case that houses my be-6 will
    not work. Also a bunch of usb 2.0 ports. Are these backward compatible with
    usb 1.0? any thoughts and ideas are appreciated. Thanks Rich

    Tito, Nov 19, 2003

  2. The board will (should) physically fit into the case, but you'll almost
    certainly need a new PSU. While you can get ATX12v adapter leads to update
    older power supplies, the bulk of them can't put enough juice through their
    +12v lines to make a P4 system work properly.
    The IT7 Max 2 is now a pretty aged design, and if it hasn't been
    discontinued by Abit yet, it will be very soon due to the iminent death of
    the 845 chipset. If you are thinking of buying a new P4 motherboard, you'll
    be much better off with one of the newer alternatives based on the
    Springdale or Canterwood chipsets.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com

    Richard Hopkins, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Tito

    Tito Guest

    Thanks for the info Rich.
    I know I'm behind the curve but I'm not a big ocer/gamer. This setup is
    more for the family to use for general comp use. I have a be-6 with caps
    that are starting to get a little fat on top. That board has never given me
    one bit of trouble in the years I've used it. But I'm looking ahead a little
    before its starts to get troublesome. If you don't buy a new setup up every
    6 months you'll always be behind the state of the arts curve. Plus this
    saves me a little money. Thanks again, Rich "Tito"

    Tito, Nov 20, 2003