IT7 MAX2v.1 : mb gone what about data on RAID 0 disks ?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Roba, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. Roba

    Roba Guest

    Hi everybody,

    yes my IT7 MAX2 died around Xmas....too sad !

    But since it is still on warranty..wow..I'll get a new ABIT mb either an IS7
    or hopefully, and more probably, an IC7-G.

    BUT I got my two HD on RAID 0, and I'm scared that everything is LOST when
    those HD are reconnected on the new mb, because the RAID controller is
    different from the one on the IT7 , is that correct ??

    IF it is correct, that is SAD !!

    What are, if any, the possibilities that the new mb can read correctly my
    RAIDed HD ? if not, any workaround to temporarily get access to the data,
    back it up and then rebuild the RAID 0 ? Probably connecting them to anothen
    mobo with the same RAID controller, right ?

    Thanx in advance to any kind soul that cares to answer me !

    Roba, Jan 13, 2004

  2. If you've RMA'd it with Abit, you'll likely get another IT7 Max2.
    Yes. If you connect the disks to a Silicon Image or Intel RAID controller,
    the information on the arrays will be lost. You will need a Highpoint
    controller to read the existing array.
    Not really, just buy a Highpoint controller card. They're inexpensive, and
    TBH they're the best performing option for parallel-ATA disks anyway.
    Zero unless you get one with a Highpoint on it.
    Yes.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com

    Richard Hopkins, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Roba

    Roba Guest

    Thanks Richard for your reply !

    I didn't RMA it to ABIT, I just brought the PC to the shop I bought it from,
    so they will get me a new board,under the new two-year warranty law valid in
    Europe, that is why I hope I get the latest ABIT mobo from them...

    Anyway now I know what to do, the shop might have a PC with a mobo sporting
    an Highpoint RAID controller so they wil help in recovering my data.

    Cheers from Venice !
    ..

    Roba, Jan 14, 2004