iTunes: MP3s play sound but not MPEG videos ???

Discussion in 'Apple' started by osiris, Apr 9, 2007.

  1. osiris

    osiris Guest

    Suddenly, my MPEG videos no longer play sound in iTunes.
    MP3s play sound without any problem.
    I haven't played any music videos since March 19th
    (according to the "Last Played" column for "Movies" under "Library"
    so could it be the latest version of iTunes (7.1.1)?

    There is no mute on either in iTunes or the Sound System Pref.
    The volume is, of course, up on all settings both in iTunes
    and in the Finder menu bar.

    I just tried playing a music video in QuickTime
    and that has no sound either.

    I have Mac OS X 10.4.9 and a iMac Core2Duo 24-inch.
    Software Update just claimed it is fully up-to-date.

    Any thoughts or solutions? Many thanks for any help.

    osiris, Apr 9, 2007

  2. osiris

    osiris Guest

    Now the same exact thing has happened on the iMac in my office
    (an iMac G5 also running 10.4.9 and iTunes 7.1.1).
    I've been using Macs everyday almost since the original Mac
    was introduced so it's not like something I fiddled with.
    Hard to believe that I have the same codec getting broken on
    both machines.

    osiris, Apr 10, 2007