  1. Even though the MacApp store is a separate application, and there is no
    integration between it and the iTunes Store, the receipt I got for a Mac
    App Store purchase came from the iTunes Store.

    Michelle Steiner, Jan 8, 2011

  2. Michelle Steiner

    Invid Fan Guest

    I assume that's because on the server side it is integrated. You use
    the same ID and password as iTunes for App Store purchases so naturally
    billing would be the same.

    Invid Fan, Jan 9, 2011

  3. At least they had the sense not to lump Mac Apps in with iTunes, which
    already handles so much that isn't music related.

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jan 9, 2011
  4. Michelle Steiner

    Alan Browne Guest

    It's not so much that iTunes does too much, but that it is mis-labeled.
    It's like there is a needed middle ware (that iTunes and App Store, et
    al) use to get at music, video, apps (iPhone/iPod/Mac..), etc.

    And that middleware would be what would manage payments, accounts,
    passwords, history and so on.

    Alan Browne, Jan 9, 2011