    playlists to see which ones contain which version of each song...

    Thanks if you can help.

    RW

    Rebecca Webb, Aug 8, 2005

  2. Rebecca Webb

    matt neuburg Guest

    Select the track you are interested in. Then:

    tell application "iTunes"
    get (selection of browser window 1) as list
    tell item 1 of result
    set theID to database ID of it
    end tell
    set theTracks to (get every track of every user playlist)
    set theNames to (get name of every user playlist)
    set ansr to {}
    repeat with i from 1 to (count theTracks)
    repeat with j from 1 to (count item i of theTracks)
    if database ID of item j of item i of theTracks is theID then
    set end of ansr to (item i of theNames)
    end if
    end repeat
    end repeat
    try
    choose from list ansr with prompt "It is in these playlists:"
    end try
    end tell

    m.

    matt neuburg, Aug 8, 2005