    better than nVidia. I did nVidia ages ago - last week! - but this
    ATI rocks for hard-core gamers. nVidia just sucks - I gave an
    8800 to my mate but he just dumped it and went with ATI.

    Jake Farnmouth, Mar 8, 2007

  2. Jake Farnmouth

    Romano Guest

    Like we care.Get a life

    Romano, Mar 8, 2007

  3. Why you replying? You're not hard-core. Get ATI and you will be!

    Jake Farnmouth, Mar 8, 2007
  4. Jake Farnmouth

    Slap Guest

    :)

    Slap, Mar 8, 2007
  5. Jake Farnmouth

    Romano Guest

    This is nvidia news group,and u come here to tell us that ATI is better,and
    u asking me "why im replying?"
    Please don't troll here.Go on ATI news group and post there how much u like
    ati products,and how much nvidia sux.

    Romano, Mar 8, 2007
  6. Jake Farnmouth

    Augustus Guest

    I've owned many cards over the years from both. Cuurently I'm on a BFG
    7800GTXOC 512Mb. The previous card was a 9800 Pro 128Mb. That's now in my
    kid's system, where it replaced a GeForce Ti 4200. Over the last 10 years,
    I've had 6 different ATI cards and 5 Nvidia cards, all of which were state
    of the art when purchased. The technology and hardware quality is roughly
    equivalent from both manufacturers at any given time. Each generation from
    each manufacturer has advantages and disadvantages compared to the other.
    Seeing as how ATI currently has no DX10 card available, and won't for a
    while, I'd say the advantage right now is with Nvidia. The 8800GTX is faster
    than basically any ATI card right now too. 3 months from now, the edge may
    go to ATI.
    But I can tell you one area where Nvidia is light years ahead of ATI,
    and has been for years. That is in driver quality, maturity, design and
    stability. There's the odd time Nvidia releases some poorer ones, but for
    ATI middling quality drivers are the standard and quality, fast and stable
    ones are rarer.
    The driver issues have been ongoing for years on basically all platforms
    for ATI. Even extends to their FireGL line for graphics workstations,
    although it's not as bad there as it is for their mainstream gaming ones.
    I'd say your experience base is limited.

    Augustus, Mar 8, 2007
  7. Jake Farnmouth

    Wax Guest

    I owned a 9800 Pro for 38 months and have to say that your comments above do
    not reflect my experience at all. The whole time I owned that card, I could
    count the number of driver issues I had on one hand. Specific examples were
    major graphics corruption with Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza, a memory leak with
    certain 5.x Catalyst drivers when playing Doom 3, and parts of the sea being
    "blacked out" with the Catalyst 4.12 drivers with Sid Meier's Pirates!. But
    that's the whole point. I can almost remember every driver issue I had
    since there were so few. Some people had big trouble with Knights of the
    old Republic (which was something of an embarrassment since it was game of
    the year material), but I had little to complain about with ATI's drivers.
    The only two reasons why I'm running an nVidia-based card today (7950GT) are
    because it runs quieter than the equivalent ATI card and because I have a
    widescreen LCD now and like nVidia's scaling options better. For sure, the
    93.71 drivers for Windows XP from nVidia have been great for me, but I had a
    great experience with ATI and would not hesitate to consider them again in
    the future. Your mileage may vary, I guess.

    Wax, Mar 8, 2007
  8. Jake Farnmouth

    Shawk Guest

    3/10. It would have been 1/10 but you did get folk to bite.

    Shawk, Mar 9, 2007
  9. That's a stupid argument. ATI drivers are perfect and flawless.
    Anyone knows this. You're obviously not an OC'er or
    hard-core gamer. And everyone knows that nVidia drivers
    have sucked pretty much since day one. The best drivers
    out of nVidia were for the TNT2, and they weren't particularly
    impressive. And DX10 is only of any value to Vista fanboys.

    Jake Farnmouth, Mar 9, 2007
  10. Finally - the voice of reason! Someone who appreciates that
    ATI make nVidia look like amateurs. I'm sorry to hear about
    your nVidia woes and look forward to your re-emergence
    from the dark side.

    Jake Farnmouth, Mar 9, 2007
  11. I'm doing you a favour, Romano. Just like I did all
    my mates favours by buying them 8800s just to
    show how lame they are. My mates are all l33t
    games - just like me, totally hard-core - and know
    decent kit when they see it. So, like I said, they
    all dumped the 8800s I gave 'em - so much so
    that one of me mates, in protest, went back to his
    Cirrus Logic 5446 just so's we'd loose one of
    our CPL matches. He's a bastard, but we got
    the point. ATI all the way.

    Do yourself a favour, Romano, take heed of the
    l33t hard-core pros and dump nVidia for ATI.
    You'll thank me.

    Thanks for your time.

    Jake Farnmouth, Mar 9, 2007
  12. Jake Farnmouth

    DRS Guest

    He's a top-poster too.

    DRS, Mar 9, 2007
  13. Jake Farnmouth

    MoP Guest

    And what is the average age in that wise-ridden group?

    MoP, Mar 9, 2007
  14. Jake Farnmouth

    goPostal Guest

    Yay! Not only is it an ATI vs. NVidia flamewar, but now we get to throw in
    top vs. bottom posting!! Anyone care to add a grammer (sic) battle too?

    BTW, my e-penis is much larger than yours. :D

    goPostal, Mar 9, 2007
  15. Okay, I'm happy to be your "mate" if you buy me an 8800gt as well :)

    Nicole and Tom Guymer, Mar 9, 2007
  16. Jake Farnmouth

    John Lewis Guest

    So you were one of those who have bought over 400,000 8800-family
    video cards... so far. A NET profit to nVidia of ~ $4million. And the
    complete family of mainstream nVidia Dx10/Dx9 cards is due to ship in
    about a month. While Ati will still be fiddling with paper-launches
    and obsolete desktop product.

    Congratulations on your dedicated support for nVidia's new product
    line.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Mar 9, 2007
  17. Jake Farnmouth

    Shawk Guest

    Did you read the post? Much too easy as a target.

    ....certainly bigger than Farnmouths - it won't start to grow properly
    until he reaches adolescence

    Shawk, Mar 9, 2007
  18. Jake Farnmouth

    Conor Guest

    Really? Why do they release new ones every month? Surely if they were
    perfect and flawless, they'd not bother.

    I can post a changelog for the latest version to make you look really
    stupid if you insist.

    OTOH, I could just report you to Blueyonder and get your account
    suspended...

    Conor, Mar 9, 2007