    - Bad processor with disabled execution unit
    - Bad microcode from mobo
    - This particular processor does not have it?
    Mario Andretti, Jun 17, 2012

  2. Mario Andretti

    VanguardLH Guest

    Errata (sheet 3 of 4), page 11
    Number 54

    The comment field is supposed to be clickable but didn't work for me, so
    jump to page 31 for the "BV54" section.

    No, I don't do assembly coding on IA-86/64 architecture nor do I have
    this processor and mobo setup. I just Google around and hope the above
    article addresses your concern. Yeah, I know your reaction will likely
    be "farking Intel, farking Gigabyte, won't work together, I'm screwed".
    VanguardLH, Jun 17, 2012

  3. Am 17.06.2012 19:14, schrieb VanguardLH:
    This points to a processor erratum fixable by a BIOS workaround.
    I have looked at Gigabyte, and, although not clearly visible, they do
    have a fresher BIOS.
    I was running f10c since about February, now they call it (just) f10.

    This indeed fixed the problem!

    Thanks for your help.
    Mario Andretti, Jun 17, 2012
  4. Bill Davidsen, Mar 16, 2013