    it offers me only standard TIP Keyboard. Some settings wrong with the
    Japanese IME Keyboard? Writing Pad and Character Pad works perfect in English
    and German. I have installed Tablet 2005 Recognizer Pack as well.

    Taro, Feb 1, 2006

  2. Taro

    Chris H. Guest

    Sorry this response has been so dragged out, but I couldn't get the proper
    information for you previously. Here's the information:

    The character pad and writing pad are supported for the Japanese language in
    the setup you have. If they aren't showing, please verify the following:
    1 - In Control Panel/Regional and Languages Options/Languages tab, make sure
    there's a check mark in the box next to "Install files for East Asian
    languages".
    2 - Go to the Details button (top right on the above page), then the
    Settings tab on the new screen and look in the Installed services list, and
    make sure there are two for JP Japanese: Advanced Text Services and
    Keyboard.
    3 - Also verify in Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs that the Microsoft
    Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Recognizer Pack is installed.

    Chris H., Mar 28, 2006