    no error conditions).

    Note -- if you are replying to this message, make sure to remove the
    NOSPAM from my address.

    David Simon Bendory, Nov 2, 2003

  2. David Simon Bendory

    Ben Myers Guest

    David,

    This might be a problem with the SMC or it could be the 170x. If the SMC hub is
    a true 10/100 device, it should have no trouble with devices of both speeds.

    My general rule of thumb, also followed by IT in a number of larger enterprises,
    is to assign fixed IP addresses to JetDirect and other networked printer
    devices, rather than relying on DHCP. Give it a try. I typically assign a
    block of IP addresses to the printer devices such as 192.168.1.50 thru .60, then
    tell the DHCP server not to assign those addresses. I have a number of small to
    medium networks, up to 60 computers and printers, printing flawlessly with this
    scheme, including my own, the rest clients, some with very exotic high-end
    network printers and plotters... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Nov 2, 2003