JetDirect 170X - OfficeJet G85

Discussion in 'HP' started by Hans Pesata, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. Hans Pesata

    Hans Pesata Guest

    Hi !

    I installed a small LAN with 3 computers running WINDOWS 2000.
    Our OfficeJet G85 was connected to 1 computer and therefore was the
    printer-server.

    I bought a JetDirect 170X hardware-printer-server to get rid of the fact,
    that 1 computer has to
    be a printer-server and also because the HP-printer-software didnt work with
    Norton Antivirus 2003.
    I also thougth that it would be much simpler if there no longer is a PC as
    printer-server required.

    But installing the JetDirect 170X showed me, that again 1 PC is needed to be
    a printer-server ?!
    This is wired and doesnt make sense to me.

    Is there a possibility to use the JetDiret 170X hardware-printer-server
    WITHOUT the need
    to have a dedicated PC-printer-server ?

    any help with this would be greatly appreciated,
    thanx in advance!

    best regards,
    Hans Pesata

    Hans Pesata, Aug 31, 2003