Jetway 663AS Ultra Rev 3.2

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Obi-LAN Kenobi, Sep 4, 2006.

  1. Can an AMD Athlon XP 2200+ be run on a Jetway 663AS Ultra Rev 3.2?

    Obi-LAN Kenobi, Sep 4, 2006

  2. Obi-LAN Kenobi

    Wes Newell Guest

    Wes Newell, Sep 4, 2006

  3. Obi-LAN Kenobi

    Paul Guest

    Paul, Sep 5, 2006
  4. Obi-LAN Kenobi

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 01:03:06 +0000, Paul wrote:

    > In article <44fc2025$0$8508$2.nl>, Obi-LAN Kenobi
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Can an AMD Athlon XP 2200+ be run on a Jetway 663AS Ultra Rev 3.2?

    > The Jetway Slot A list is here. Your board is the second link.
    > The list seems to stop with Palomino Model 6 processors, for
    > the right hand column list. And I don't know what that means.
    > Maybe Wes knows.

    It doesn't mean anything except that they don't support any of the newer
    cores. That doesn't mean they won't work even though that's what the list
    shows. The board supports an official FSB of 133MHz. The XP supports a max
    multiplier of 24x. So without overclocking the FSb, it will support a cpu
    that will run 24x133.33, or a true speed of 3200MHz. Don't wait for AMD to
    make one that will run that fast though. At least not a socket A cpu.

    Wes Newell, Sep 5, 2006