    just had bad luck with my first one. Any help is appreciated.

    Charles McCane
    Dallas, TX.

    news.directlink.net, Feb 22, 2004

  2. We use Qlogic HBA's here with no problem. Be carefull of SUN branded qlogic
    cards because sun uses their own microcode which is sometimes a pain when
    working with other storage devices other than SUN.

    Rodrick Brown, Feb 22, 2004

  3. news.directlink.net

    Matty Guest

    We use Emulex exclusively! They are rock solid cards.

    Matty, Feb 22, 2004
  4. We use the JNI cards exclusively for our SBUS systems as
    there were not many choices 2 years ago when we put them in.
    We tried the Emulex SBUS for use with StorageTek disks, but
    could not get them to work so we went back to the JNI cards.
    Using them successfully for 2 years in an E4500 for disk and
    tape.

    We use Qlogic, JNI and Emulex for PCI, but exclusively
    Emulex for 2Gb in our disk SANs. The others are tape
    only.

    Ken Sibley

    Addison, TX

    Kenneth Sibley, Feb 23, 2004
  5. I'm using a JNI FC64-1063 here myself, on an E4000, to talk to a CLARiiON
    FC5500 array, and it seems to be working very well. Of course, both the
    JNI card and the SP boards in the DPE itself seem to be using the "Tachyon"
    FC controller chips, which probably helps.
    I did try the EMC version of the card a week or two ago, and it made
    the machine crap out on startup. Then again, the board had some physical
    damage and I'm getting a replacement. (got the non-EMC one as a
    just-in-case "Plan B", because it was cheap, and it seems to be working
    just fine)

    -Derek

    Derek Konigsberg, Feb 23, 2004