    Please join and register. By doing so, you're helping improve the
    community. Hope to see you there!

    - ku7485

    ku7485, Sep 27, 2006

  2. ku7485

    Tom Lucas Guest

    You may have noticed that there is already a community here. What is
    gained by taking people from here and putting them in your forum other
    than you gaining advertising revenue on the back of advice that is
    offered for free?

    Tom Lucas, Sep 27, 2006

  3. ku7485

    Spod Guest

    Hello, I would like to announce a new forum dedicated to electronics

    Yawn. Although a forum that "especially covers various topics" sounds
    novel.

    Spod, Sep 27, 2006
  4. ku7485

    ku7485 Guest

    I actually don't gain advertising revenue, that's put there because of
    my hosting company. If you use Google Groups, they are the ones that
    are gaining advertising revenue by placing ads (look on the right side
    of this page). You should join the forum anyway...

    ku7485, Sep 28, 2006
  5. ku7485

    Tim Wescott Guest

    I _am_ looking at the right side of this page, and all I see is the
    border of my newsreader program. Which is what most real USENET users use.

    --

    Tim Wescott
    Wescott Design Services

    Posting from Google? See http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/

    Tim Wescott, Sep 28, 2006
  6. Should I?

    I've come here for the last 12 years for tips and advice from professionals.
    Are they moving to your forum too? And if so, what makes your forum stand
    out from thousands of other attempts while this one and only embedded
    newsgroup has "all we need"?

    Sorry for the rant, but I really don't get this urge of people setting up
    forums with crappy web interfaces about subjects that are already covered by
    a single source that exists for decades....

    Meindert

    Meindert Sprang, Sep 28, 2006
  7. Forums have the advantage to centralize the info. Today, it is very easy
    to start a new forum by using ready-to-use PhP code!
    But too many Forums like your one, we DE-centralize the info ...
    Sorry.

    Laurent
    http://www.amontec.com

    Amontec, Larry, Sep 28, 2006
  8. ku7485

    CBFalconer Guest

    Most of us use real newsreaders and read everything properly
    threaded and linked, with no advertisements, and very rapid
    response. This comes of using text, not html.

    Go to mozilla.org and download a version of Thunderbird for your
    machine and operating system. Free. About the only reason to use
    google is via a company firewall that doesn't allow port 119. Even
    if your ISP is so poor that it doesn't supply a news server, you
    can always use some thing like teranews.com.

    --
    Some informative links:
    <<http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/>

    CBFalconer, Sep 30, 2006
  9. ku7485

    werty Guest

    Jobs seekers .... How can i make a living at hardware ?
    These forums are to educate the masses in tech ....

    Huh ?!!! Masses ?

    If we educate the masses , we kill competition .
    Competition is to test and if you have talent , you spend
    your time improving your talent , go to the top .
    There is no test in education , it passes anyone who
    pays the tuition . It gives degrees to "prove" talent .

    And we have forums for these gurus to "teach" us ....

    Teach us what !!!! Teach us how they Luddited !

    We need stuff that we can use to improve , not stuff
    to get us a govt protected job .
    Govt jobs are at the edge of a cliff , the worlds largest RIF
    ever .
    No one will earn at software nor hardware in 8 years .
    Programming will be 'built in" ...
    It will be a GUI , no keyboard , just mic and speakers ...

    So why not see the light and change jobs while ya
    still got time ?

    Forth proved 39 years ago , that software can
    jump ahead and obsolete 30,000 jobs in minutes .

    There is no reason to use more than 20kb in a
    MCU to do a GUI ( but it is integrated and has many apps
    in the 20kb ).
    No keyboard is needed .

    Linux and C are obviously bloat Luddite .
    IDE's , Host PC's , invite complication and time waste .

    Forth can be installed in the ARM's boot ROM .
    I call it NewForth to not confuse you with the stuff
    Luddites are doin in Comp.Lang.Forth forum .

    werty, Oct 1, 2006
  10. ku7485

    David Ashley Guest

    Werty,

    The thought occured to me that maybe you have bipolar
    disorder, your posts seem to ramble as if they're
    written on the upswing, and there might be a periodicity
    to them. No offence intended -- you might want to check
    into it.

    Your above posting is almost crptically unintelligible.
    It's anyone's guess which is your added text, and which
    is the original, since there are no "> " indentation marks.
    The thoughts are all jumbled together. And to anyone of
    reasonable experience, they don't appear realistic.
    I'm certainly not a part of a grand conspiracy for making
    programming a black art. There is no such conspiracy.

    I'd recommend you to get a doctor's opinion, you might
    learn something.

    -Dave

    David Ashley, Oct 1, 2006