    I add it back?

    Thanks,

    Dan

    Guest, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Hi Dan,

    To restore the Journal Note Writer, do the following:

    1. Log on as a user with administrator privileges.
    2. Close any open instances of Windows Journal.
    3. Open a command prompt.
    4. Change the directory to <systemdrive>\Program Files\Windows Journal.
    5. Type the following and then press Enter: journal.exe /RepairNoteWriter

    There will be a brief flash of the Windows Journal splash screen and then
    several seconds of hard disk activity. When the repair is complete, the
    journal.exe process will shutdown. There won't be any visual notification
    that it has finished. To verify that the repair has completed, check Task
    Manager for any instances of journal.exe, and verify that Journal Note
    Writer is present in the Printers and Faxes folder.

    Thanks!

    --Sears Young

    Sears Young [MS], Jul 8, 2003