    (I can print the whole document by first opening the journal file and then
    selecting print, but I'd really like to be able to do this directly from
    windows explorer as I can with other types of file.)

    theorist, Oct 12, 2006

  2. theorist

    Chris H. Guest

    As far as I know, that's a limitation of the process being used. The
    document needs to be opened to print the whole thing.

    Chris H., Oct 12, 2006

  3. theorist

    theorist Guest

    Thanks for that - but I am not sure I understand.
    "The process being used" - are you refering to Journal itself (i.e. that
    this is a known problem in microsoft journal) that it can somehow only send
    the first page to printed directly. It does not seem to be a problem with the
    print function when other files are selected for printing in windows
    explorer, for example word documents.
    Either way I am getting the message that I am stuck with this behavior -
    which to me looks like a bug since I would have thought that "print" would
    refer to the whole document rather than the first page. I can't see that
    there is any fundamental reason why the document needs to be opened by
    journal to print the whole thing when it can manage the first page. Note of
    course that when I chose print from windows explorer, journal does open
    momentarily anyway.
    Thanks again for the help.

    theorist, Oct 13, 2006
  4. theorist

    Chris H. Guest

    I'm referring to printing directly, without first opening the file within
    the structure of Windows Journal or Journal Viewer. There is probably a
    design flaw (bug) because of the way Journal was constructed which only will
    print the first page externally.

    Chris H., Oct 13, 2006
  5. theorist

    theorist Guest

    Not the news I wanted to hear - but thanks very much for responding.

    theorist, Oct 13, 2006
  6. theorist

    Chris H. Guest

    Sorry. :cool:

    Chris H., Oct 13, 2006
  7. It *is* annoying. For what it's worth, this has been fixed in Vista.

    - Kurt

    Kurt Geisel [MS], Oct 24, 2006