Journal - Pasting images from Word documents into Journal

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by syost, Nov 10, 2006.

  1. syost

    syost Guest

    I've got a couple issues with Journal (v5.1) I'm wondering if anyone can help
    me with.

    Issue #1:
    ========
    Suppose I've inserted an image in a Word document and I just want to copy
    and paste it into a Journal note. If I have changed any of the layout
    properies (e.g. word wrapping) of the image within Word, Journals will not
    let me paste the image into a note. What can I do about this?

    Issue #2:
    =======
    Suppose I have a Word document with image as described in #1, but I have not
    altered any of the image's layout properties. Now Journal allows me to copy
    the image from the Word document and paste it into a note, but the image is
    distorted; i.e., it is "squished" horizontally (or stretched vertically,
    depending on how you want to look at it...) How can this be corrected without
    resizing "by eyeball"?

    Thanks!

    syost, Nov 10, 2006

  2. What I do in order to get around copy/paste problems is use a screen capture
    program (I use Snagit) and just capture the region to the clipboard and then
    paste it into the target app. You can use the snipping tool if you don't
    want to pay for one.

    Josh Einstein, Nov 10, 2006

  3. syost

    syost Guest

    Thanks, Josh....

    Using the Snipping Tool is certainly an option I've considered. It's a few
    extra mouse clicks, but I guess I could live with that as a fix for Issue #1.

    However, the distortion (Issue #2) still happens when I paste the snipped
    image into Journal...

    syost, Nov 10, 2006
  4. I have found that Journal does this with ANY picture pasted into it.
    Sometimes the problem is worse than others. I think it is just a bug in
    Journal. Also, any picture I copy out of Journal and paste elsewhere gets
    terribly blurry.

    Grant Robertson, Nov 12, 2006