    no-brainer easy upgrade, it would still be if they would stop putting power
    supplies in them that didn't match the SATA capabilities of the
    motherboards.

    Annie Woughman, Apr 16, 2011

  2. Annie Woughman

    SC Tom Guest

    You could have used something like this for power, if there are enough data
    connectors on the motherboard:

    http://www.google.com/products/cata...mfepTfOfEcfs0gHhivz4CA&sqi=2&ved=0CCsQ8gIwAA#

    or

    http://www.google.com/products/cata...mfepTfOfEcfs0gHhivz4CA&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQ8wIwAg#

    SC Tom, Apr 16, 2011

  3. I realize there are workarounds, I just don't understand why they are still
    putting the old type power supplies in the newer computers.

    Annie Woughman, Apr 16, 2011
  4. Annie Woughman

    SC Tom Guest

    $$$$$$$.
    Everyone is trying to save them, even if it impacts the customer. Doesn't
    make it right, but that's just the way it is.

    SC Tom, Apr 16, 2011