Just bought a Gigabyte 965P-DS3. Will it work though ???

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Home Theatre Guy, Oct 21, 2006.

  1. Ive heard it was pretty picky with the ram it can use. This is the ram
    i just bought. I thought it was safe as i saw some post son the OCZ
    forums saying the ram works, but i don't know with what bios version
    though.

    Monitor 86cm HD Widescren TV conected to 7600 Gt via Component.\

    OCZ Technology - OCZ2P800R22GK
    OCZ 2GB (2x1GB Kit) EL DDR2 PC-6400, 800mhz, XTC Heatspreader,
    Revision2, CL4 4-4-4-15 timings.

    My total system follows.

    Intel E6400 Core Duo 2

    7600 Gt Gigabyte NX7600GT 256M

    More than enough for my limited gaming needs :)

    Samsung SATA II 250GB 7200 8MB (SP2504C) HDD-SP2504C SAMSUNG 250GB 8M

    Might get another and raid them. Raid 0 Anyone and another one or more
    for backups ect.

    XFI Music

    Zalman CNPS8000 CPu Cooler. NICE AND QUIET GOOD COOLING.

    I have no idea what thel latest boards bios rervision is, I just hope
    it works with the ram i bought :(

    Any other thing you would like to add please do. My current pc is a
    Barton Mobile 2500. So this new PC will be like a CRAY super
    computer,well thats what i hope it feels like. I force dmyself to wait
    for conreo and nearly went 3800 X2 :0

    Thanks.

    Home Theatre Guy, Oct 21, 2006

  2. The memory issues were all with Firmware revisions prior to F4. You are
    likely to have F4 thru F6 (the latest, I think), and therefore no
    particular problem. But the only way to know for sure is to try it.

    The Intel factory heatsink is just fine; no need for an exotic add-on
    cooler.

    Personally, I would have bought the E6600 (not because of the faster
    clock speed, but because it has the 4MB cache system instead of 2MB in
    the E6400), but it should work fine.

    Barry Watzman, Oct 21, 2006